Java Installation & path setting
Before you install java you need to download jdk. And start the installation process as fallows.
From where you can download jdk:
Fallow this link and download jdk.
If you want to use java, in your local system, you should set java path in your local system, please fallow the steps below.
- If you go through above link you will see jdk versions which version you want, you can click on that and download jdk.
- After downloaded jdk you can double click on setup file.
- It will installed by default in path: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\ in your local system.
Setting java path in your system:
- Procedure for path setting in your system.
Right click on My Computer go to properties:
Goto advanced system setting for setting the java path
In advanced settings you can click on environment variables button
Now you can click on new button in system variables
Enter variable name (Java_Home) and variable value (java installed path).
After enter name and value click on ok button.
- You will see your Java_Home in your system variables
- click on ok button to complete path setting.
You want know whether the jdk installed or not, in your system then go to your command prompt and type java.
Congratulation your installation completed successfully …
If java exist in your system then it will show like below